Come join the Riddle Fence Team!
You: an exceptionally independent, organized communicator with editorial and non-profit experience.
Us: A flexible, balance-focused employer with a big, glorious vision for our future as we grow!
POSITION: SENIOR EDITOR RIDDLE FENCE PUBLISHING INC
Date Posted: March 8, 2023
Deadline: April 3, 2023
Start Date: May 8, 2023 (negotiable based on ideal candidate availability) Location: St. John’s, NL. This is a work-from-home position w/ flex hours. Salary: $30-35000, one year contract (with potential for renewal)
Paid sick leave & vacation, health/dental provided
The Senior Editor is responsible for routine editorial aspects and general contributor/ author management of Riddle Fence Publishing Inc. Key responsibilities include maintaining communication with the Executive Director and Operations Manager, as well as with contracted imprint editors, journal arts editors, and imprint authors; the Senior Editor oversees content of the journal while also managing editorial processes associated with the imprint; they will ensure artistic quality and labour standards are maintained and respected across all Riddle Fence publications.
• Contact/liaison with section editors and book editors
• Contact/liaison with the copy editor and graphic designer
• Production management for both journal and Debuts imprint
• Contact/liaison with creative partnership organizations
• Manage public events in coordination with RF team
• Manage annual contests, curate reading events and submission calls
• Promote Riddle Fence Publishing through social media platforms
• Submit content for reviews and prize consideration
• Attend monthly meetings of the Board of Directors inperson or remotely via Zoom
• Attend quarterly Arts Editorial meetings inperson or remotely via Zoom
• Manage Riddle Fence contributors/authors and respond to contributor/author inquiries
• Exemplary organizational skills and effective interpersonal/communication skills
• Exemplary independent task management ability
• Exemplary written communication skills and familiarity with local arts community
• Experience in nonprofits, public relations, publishing or community outreach an asset
• Computer proficiency and an excellent knowledge of Adobe, Excel, Microsoft Word, etc. • Experience with metadata would be an asset though orientation will be provided
SEND RESUMES WITH COVER LETTER TO RIDDLEFENCE1@GMAIL.COM